Friday, February 11, 2011

Favors

Where to draw the line?


As much as I would like to help you, brother.
As much as I hate to see you being down.


There is a line where you need to stop and think if whatever trouble you're in, you're in because of your miscalculations.


If you keep asking for rides because you don't have any money for public transport, or all your friends are busy, then do YOURself a favor and start asking yourself why weren't you ready before you step out the door? When was the last time you've done favors for your friends?


I don't owe you anything, and I do favors because I care for you. But one day, that care jar will empty if you don't refill it with your care for me.


If you want me to rush over because it's an emergency, I would. But just like the boy who cried wolf, it better be an emergency.


And if you need help helping yourself think, need help being a better person, I'm here. 
I don't want to be the quick solution, especially if I care for you, I want you to think things right so you can use the panic button wisely.
Because who knows, I might need help in the future and I'll need a capable hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment