Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Haven't Been Around.

On Friday I went to the Black GLBT Experiences event.

It was the second annual celebration of Black GLBT history held in the GLBT center in San Francisco.


I got there 40 minutes late and missed out on a Marlon Riggs short titled Anthem.  Apparently, Essex Hemphill is in it (damn traffic).

Driving up to San Francisco in the rain, on a friday, leaving at 4:30PM would take me 2 hours to get there.

I felt out of place, being the only Asian male there.

But the speakers rocked, didn't catch their name but one of them, Jewelle Gomez, who wrote some very juicy deep poetry that reaches for your soul and takes it for a ride.

Other than which I've been trying to get my career started and meeting with friends, and having writer's block to top, so if I haven't been making posts I apologize.

No comments:

Post a Comment